Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Boy Who Burned too Brightly

I first read this book when I was working on my Talented & Gifted certificate a few years ago. I thought it was a clever story with a lot of parallels about what we do when someone is different.

The book starts of with the main character being born, and from the beginning he is different. When he starts school the teacher says he is is not like the other kids... (he won't just sit there & work). He ends up getting a diagnoses similar to one a child with ADHD might get.

I would not read this book to a whole class, but would recomend it to someone who has trouble fitting in, or who feels different... I guess if I did read it to a class it would be high school age. It is a great book for all teachers to read as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment